The LevelMaster™ Liquid Level Sensor, a component of the EPG LevelMaster™ Level Monitoring & Control System, is used to accurately measure liquid levels and transmit signals to the level meter.
The EPG submersible level transducers - level sensors are specifically designed to meet the rigourous environments encountered in liquid level measurement and control. They can be configured to perform to specifications under the most adverse, reactive conditions including, sideslope risers, wells, wet wells, tanks, sumps, reservoirs and settling ponds.
The EPG level sensor is constructed with a piezoresistive silicon pressure sensor (many ranges are available) mounted in a rugged 316 stainless steel package. The level sensor is fully submersible in any liquid compatible with 316 stainless steel and the chemical resistant polyurethane jacketed cable. Unlike transducers, whose signals may be distorted by outside interference, the EPG LevelMaster™ Level Sensor gives outstanding noise immunity utilizing a 4-20mA output to maximize signal accuracy and strength. In addition, the level sensor features built-in temperature compensation as well as precise calibration, with accuracy of ±0.25%.
- Made for rugged use in harsh environments
- 316 stainless steel construction, small diameter, easy to install
- Compatible with the EPG SurePump™ or can be used in stand alone applications
- Fully submersible in any liquid, sinks easily to any depth (weighs 7 oz.)
- Withstands outside interference, extremely accurate continuous measurement
- Depth range of 0-28” thru 0-690’ (0-1 PSI thru 0-300 PSI). Other models available
- Sensor lead wire includes breather tube for atmospheric pressure compensation
Our level sensors are equipped with a custom, vented cable. The vented cable provides an atmospheric reference for the sensor, which is necessary for ensuring the highest possible accuracy when making a level measurement. It must be noted that if left unprotected, it provides a pathway for water vapor to enter the level transducer. This vapor will condense into water and could cause an offset in the transducer's output or cause permanent damage. For these reasons, a desiccant-filled vent filter and EPG Bellows unit is provided in the enclosure where the level sensor cable begins.
The sensitive bellows unit closes the system, extending the life of the desiccant vent filter while responding to and transmitting changes in atmospheric pressure to the level sensor. The desiccant vent filter captures any moisture that might be present within the vent cable. To ensure accurate measurement and protection of the level sensor, the desicannt-filled vent filter must be periodically replaced as the desiccant becomes spent, which is apparent by a change in color from the original light blue to pink. (EPG recommends changing the desicannt vent filter once a year.)
For more liquid level system components, see:
Monitoring Systems and Componenets
Standard Depth Range:
- 0-55" thru 0-460' (0-2 PSI thru 0-300PSI)
- Additional Ranges Available
Available Sensor Cables:
- Polyurethane-jacketed with Kevlar strength members and a self-sealing water block
- Tefzel-jacketed for high abrasion or sharp object applications or in environments not compatable with polyurethane
The EPG Level Sensor is also used in our Tank Gauging Systems to accurately measure liquid levels in horizontal and vertical cylindrical tanks.
The EPG Desicannt Dryer and Bellows Unit attached to the level sensor vent cable provide a closed, moisture-free, and maintenance-free liquid level and control system.